West Virgina Power News List

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Kerouac is back.

The clock has just ticked away a few more seconds of the final moments of the off-season.  The 2014 season begins at 7:05 pm today- April 3- at Lexington.  Between now and then, the club will jump on the bus, ride two-and-a-half hours west on I-64, grab some lunch, check in to the hotel, leave for the park, take some batting practice, and be ready to go.

I'll once again be on this journey.  The 2013 season was extremely rewarding.  Watching nearly every game, calling the action, and becoming a part of that team were all tremendous memories.

My plan for this blog this season is to continue some of the themes from last summer.  Meaning...  I'm still going to eat!  I will, however, write shorter posts more frequently added in to the food and movie reviews.  I have added some responsibilities within the Power's front office this season and I also plan on giving some behind-the-scenes thoughts on how-we-do-what-we-do and why we do it.

I'll leave you for now with this picture taken by our club's general manager.  The calm before the storm that is Minor League Baseball.

 
I'll never have another bad day.  Baseball is back.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you, friend-of-Shawn!! Great picture.

    ReplyDelete