West Virgina Power News List

Thursday, June 26, 2014

27,000+ steps and 100+ strokes later...

I'm long overdue for about eight posts.  I'll roll back into it with my version of the All-Star break.

Three days is not enough time to do anything, but it is enough to relax for a day, see my wife once and then leave for New Jersey.  The team worked out on Wednesday morning and left in the afternoon for a ten(-ish) hour ride from Charleston to Toms River.

I chose to fly Wednesday morning to LaGuardia and catch up with my best friend.  Shawn lives on Long Island and usually meets up with me in Lakewood for a few days.  I got off the plane at 10:30 am, grabbed some lunch and we hit the links.  Not just any links, but Bethpage Black.  A former and future U.S. Open course.

I'm definitely not qualified to play here, but if you pay the money ($135 for out-of-state golfers and $70 in-state on this public course), they will let anyone ruin their fairways and greens.  In my case, just the greens (you have to hit a fairway to hurt it).

I tend to shoot in the mid to low 90's, but not this day.  Couldn't hit a drive on the front and I couldn't putt on the back.  But what a course!


Here are a few shots of the old men in action.

Shawn hit this one flush down the middle... or at least that is the story we will tell.
My post-World Cup Facebook cover pic.
Bethpage Black is a traditional course and you are only allowed to walk it.  My FitBit gives a more accurate description as to how I hacked the course.


On our way to Lakewood Thursday morning, Shawn and I stopped at Peter Luger's.  This is a world class steakhouse...  and I ordered a white wine to go with my steak.  It was like a record scratched and the room went silent.


They gave me these chocolate-filled gold coins regardless of my faux pas.




 Now I'm full, rich and will never have another bad day.

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing Shawn's FB post about the wine. I'm not a golfer, but I do have a FitBit. And I didn't know it was possible to walk that many steps and still have 0 active minutes! That's actually rather impressive.

    ReplyDelete